Ah COVID-19, the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks to coronavirus’s generosity, we’re all living in a dystopian nightmare, our neighbors flinch away at the sight of us, we’re wearing latex gloves when it’s 110 degrees outside, and we’ve got rug burn on our faces from wearing diapers over our mouths. What better way to celebrate COVID-19’s generosity than with COVID memes?
Here are 23 COVID memes and images from social media and the good folks who subscribe to my email list. I’m not sure if you need a hanky as you scroll through them to wipe away the anxiety, the laughter, or the tears. You tell me.
23 COVID memes
1. Turns out our friend Dr. Anthony Fauci can’t throw a baseball and is equally incompetent at following his own advice…
3. Because, you know, a dirty piece of bandana fabric is all you need against the deadliest virus in current history…
4. Your brain’s already been thoroughly washed. Just make sure your hands are clean.
5. Remind me again what to drink to best enjoy our brave new world?
6. Whoopsie daisy.
7. Our savior is on the way.
8. Chiropractic to the rescue. Fix your spine and the rest will follow…
10. Homeschooling, the only way to avoid muzzles, toxic chemicals, and loneliness.
11. So what if you end up at the ER in anaphylactic shock from the nasty toxic chemicals in your mask? (Technically this doesn’t count as a meme. My kids say I use this word wrong all the time anyway…)
12. But, Karen, I mean Greg, at least you didn’t get COVID-19! Don’t be a maskhole. Just keep wearing that ineffective virtual signal over your face. This isn’t about freedom, science, or commonsense, man. And you don’t want to be shot dead, maced, or punched in the face, do you? This 30-year-old bricklayer was beaten to death by Mexican police for not wearing a face mask.
13. Once you’re woke, you never go back to sheep.
14. I’m just being careful. You should be too.
15. #15 of 23 COVID memes: We’re all in this together. Group hug.
16. Bring it on. When it comes to coronavirus, the truth is a moving target anyway.
17. We hope the masters will hurry up already. In the meantime, Octavia Butler nailed it 27 years ago when she wrote this book.
19. Got it.
19. I’d rather lick a shopping cart.
21. Because I love plants. And they filter the air. And a plant is a great gift for a writer (hint hint). So what if #21 and #22 aren’t COVID memes? I’m so sick of coronavirus. I’m betting you are too.
22. More plants = more happiness
23. ‘Rona, you’ve met your match.